Crotales bring spark to your music!
What Are Crotales? Sometimes called antique cymbals, crotales are percussion instruments consisiting of small, tuned bronze or brass disk. The name comes from the Greek word crotalon, meaning a castanet or rattle.
- play with mallets, like finger cymbals, or by bowing.
- bright, sparkling sound with long resonance
- available in low and high octave sets (13 disks in each set)
- set includes univeral mounting bar that fits most standard cymbal stands (cymbal stands available; 1/4" hex wrench needed when setting up on a stand)
- easy to transport (separate cases available)
- tuned to A+442
- disks feature countersunk center holes to accept recessed rubber caps and the bars include shorter mounting pins; this allows the caps to sit almost flush with the Crotale surface, greatly reducing extraneous noise when playing.
- Steel reinforced stem on mounting bars reduces the potential of breakage at the common stress point.
- Prices do not include shipping.
Shipping will be actual charges based on your Crotales shipping from Holton, ME