Catch the Spirit
The Congregational Church of Littleton was founded by 32 Littleton residents on May 14, 1840 and ordained James C. Bryant its first minister on October 28, 1840. After six years in Littleton, Rev. Bryant became a missionary in Africa where he partially translated the Bible and other religious works into Zulu. The church remains a strong supporter of mission activity. The present building was completed in 1841 with major renovations completed in 1900, 1954-55 and 1968-69. Proceeds from this CD will be used toward the purchase of land on which to build a new church.